Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Letters to baby #13


Hello my sweet precious baby,
Just hours from now your dad and I get to find out if you're a BOY or GIRLFor the record, I think you're a boy - I had a dream last night that you were!

Last night was the first time I've heard your dad really get excited about you! It's not that he hasn't been happy, he just has not been able to feel you moving and nothing in our day-to-day lives has changed (except we both can see that my belly is a little bigger!) so it does not feel real to him.

As we were getting into bed he said "are you excited?!" (lots of excitement in his voice!) I said "yeah! are you?" he said "yeah, it's finally feeling real!" Then when I got to work this morning your dad sent me a text that said "less than 6 hrs babe!" You'll probably know by now that I am the one to do countdowns and I am the one to voice my excitement. I'm just so happy that he is voicing his excitement and counting down the hours until we can start calling you by name. He must really love you already!

This weekend, Kent Koteskey, preached a sermon on Parenting. As we were leaving the parking lot I told your dad that I'm not nervous to become a parent but rather I'm excited to take on this journey with your daddy and work together as partners to raise you the way God would want us to. Having your dad in my life has made this journey (and my life!) so much less scary then if I had to take this journey alone.

Whether you're a boy or girl, 
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment