Monday, March 18, 2013

Letters to baby #14

My sweet baby girl,
Last night was the first time your daddy felt you kick! I was sitting on the love seat and could somewhat feel you moving around. I moved to the couch so I could lay flat and your dad sat beside me and put his hand on my belly.

You didn't budge.

It's almost as if you knew I wanted you to move, so you didn't do anything! I'm going to say you get that from your father :)

So I did what any "good" mother would do, and I had a small bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup! About 5 minutes after I devoured the ice cream you went nuts! I very quietly called you dad over again, as to not disturb you. He stood this time (thinking I was just silly and he wouldn't be able to feel anything). Within seconds of his hand on my belly you gave him one of the biggest kicks I've felt so far. He gasped then looked at my belly then one of the sweetest smiles flashed across his face.

That was the first interaction he's had with you and it just filled my heart and eyes with so much love and joy for our new little family.

You kept on moving the rest of the night and continued to go crazy when we were in bed. Your daddy put his hand on my belly while we were laying next to each other and the kick you gave him made him jump! He said "wow, that scared me!" You gave a few small kicks, nothing he could feel, then the 3 of us drifted off to sleep.

It is so amazing being able to feel you moving, jumping, kicking and punching! I know in just a few short weeks it's going to be a painful, but this has to be one of the coolest feeling I've ever experienced!

I love you my little wild child,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment