Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Letters to baby #15

Baby girl,
For whatever reason today I became a little worried about you. These irrational fears and silly snowball scenarios are nothing new for me. They are something that have become less frequent in my adult life - but they still show up every now and again. 

Anyway, while at work I became fearful for your health. I was worried that if you have a disability, that I might not be able to handle it, or that it would cause stress on your dad and I. I reminded myself that God is bigger than a disability or irrational fears and He won't give us anything we can't handle.

I started to pray for you. I put my hands on my belly and quietly spoke this verse "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by payer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6. I said it again and emphasized WITH THANKSGIVING, and you gave me a little kick. I just stopped on that phrase for a moment and smiled to myself. With THANKSGIVING, I will praise God and honor whatever He chooses to give your daddy and I.

Love 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment