Monday, June 17, 2013

Bump 33 Weeks!

Photo by Simple Joy Portraits
How far along: 33 weeks & 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: 25
Maternity clothes: Yes
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Stretch marks: Nada
Sleep: Still not real great this week. I'll sleep for a few hours then wake up to pee and stay awake for a 2-3 hours, or lay in bed thinking of everything I have to do before you come. Which isn't much. Just need to deep clean the house (except I need energy for that. If only I could convince daddy to let me take a week off work;) ) I did sleep until 9am on Sunday yay!
Food cravings: Ice, and ice water
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Best moment(s) this week: Cleaning out the garage - yes that was a highlight this week! That was a project your dad and I never did get to when we moved to the house (2.5 years ago). I really enjoyed spending time with your dad and working with him to acomplish that big task. AND I got more pictures done by the wonderful Shannon, owner of Simple Joy Portraits. She took the picture above and did several other photos of me and my bump (you)!
Worst moment(s) this week: Realizing that I need to slow down. While cleaning the garage my hands and feet got very swollen. I had to take several breaks because I was having too many Braxton Hicks (BHs) and felt very tired. It's hard for me to rest, but I'm trying very hard so you don't come early and/or I'm not forced to be on bed rest (then I can't deep clean the house before you come)!
Miss Anything: Sleep, and having my normal amount of energy
Movement: Yes, but not as much as usual this week. I think you're running out of room!
Belly Button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Still on (I give it one more week, it's so hot out!)
Mood: Nervous for labor but so excited to meet you!
Weekly Wisdom: Learn to rest!
Symptoms: Sleeping poorly, my feet (particularly the arches) are very sore, my hands hurt, I'm tired, a little emotional (from lack of sleep and being too busy), swollen legs, and achy knees. I'm fairly certain I'm in the uncomfortable stage. Also, Saturday night after my last bite of cereal I started to feel nauseous. Then I thought maybe I had heartburn. So I kinda leaned back on the couch, then the top of my belly started to have a sharp pain all the way across. I felt really nauseous, my mouth got watery, and I felt hot. Then it went away but a few seconds later it came back. I had some tums and sat on the edge of the couch. After a few episodes of the sharp pain across my belly I got very cold and had the chills. I went to bed after about 20 minutes of that and slept great. But your dad and I were (and are) worried that maybe that was a sign that your coming soon! Stay in there for just 3 more week baby girl! 
Looking forward to: Down time! We've been so busy since April that I'm going to force myself to slow down next week! (and maybe clean the house a little!)

In Other News...
We've been letting Reece get accustom to your tummy time mat and other toys. He has done a very good job at "leaving it" when we scold him. Your dad and I don't want him to learn not to play with your stuff when you're here so we're slowly introducing him to the changes. Too many new things at once will make him nervous, and no one wants a nervous pup around a new baby!

Your dad and I FINALLY tackled the garage! Your daddy finally has a place to put his tools and it's actually organized! AND the bonus of the night was - we didn't argue! We worked very well together and I was very pleased with how much we accomplished. We're still not done. Your dad has to assemble the shelves then I'll tell and show him where to put stuff - since I'm learning to take it easy :).
Before pictures - After will come once the shelves are up







I made some yummy french toast on Saturday. I mixed together 2 eggs, cinnamon and brown sugar.  

We had a cookout with some friends and your dad got to fish


Nana got your dad a Father's Day gift...

Nana also made your crib comforter...

I'm embracing my belly and using it as my table while eating...it's been actually very pratical!


No comments:

Post a Comment