Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Letters to baby #11

Hi baby,
Today you are 16 weeks old and your eardrums have now developed! In celebration of your developed eardrums, tonight I read you your very first "bedtime" story. I was hoping I'd feel you kick and squirm and relesase all that excited of hearing your first bedtime story...but at the end of the book I realized maybe you've been hearing my voice for a few days now and this wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was. Reguardless, it was a big moment for your mama. I wrote a little note to Aunt Beth on facebook since the book I read to you was a book she first gave to me when I was a little girl.

I've been anxiously awaiting baby's 16 week "birthday," because his/her ear drums are now developed, which means he/she can hear my voice and I can read to him/her! In celebration of his/her 16th week "birthday" I read our very first bedtime story, "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub."

I'm not sure if you remember giving me the book but it was one of my childhood favorites. I've luged this book around during every move and it now lives in my adult collection of books. It was a fun first book to read to baby, and I had to let you know that you were apart of that first for baby and I.




Tonight I also Face Timed with Nana and Papa Tom so they could listen to your 16 week old heartbeat. They were excited to hear your fast, strong heart. I don't think Papa Tom has ever heard a babies heartbeat, he was very surprised at how fast it was! Nana couldn't stop smiling and she said she has been waiting to hear it!

After I read you the book I read you a verse I found in a book I'm reading called "The Christian Mama's Guide to Having a Baby." Kari bought the book for me (she is such a great friend, so thoughtful and already loves you so much!) The verse is from 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." To me this means that God has given me everything I need for life. I need to trust in HIM, as He has already provided and will continue to provide exactly what I need when I need it.

It is very hard to give up your worry and fears to God. I am slowly learning this and it is my prayer that someday you will be able to give your worries to God and TRUST in Him.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment