Sunday, May 12, 2013

Letters to baby #18 - My first Mothers Day

My baby girl,
Today is my first mothers day. I have not been a mommy long, but these last few months I have been one have been amazing. I've experienced a lot of physical and emotional changes. Every one of these changes has far exceeded my expectations of pregnancy and motherhood.

Even when I've had little sleep, I just think of you and know that all of this will be worth it. I can't wait to kiss your sweet face, and snuggle you on the couch. Someday when you're pregnant, you will know exactly what I'm feeling. It's hard to know this feeling until you've felt your baby's arms and legs kicking inside your womb.

Already, I feel so blessed and honored to be your mommy. I'm still scared to be fully responsible for another human, but I know that with your daddy's help - we can take care of you. It's a strange feeling of mixed emotions. I'm 100% confident and 100% terrified. The terrified days are slowly fading away while my confidence starts to outshine my fears. My Aunt Mimi told me in the very beginning "that's why God gives us 9 months to prepare." I am so thankful that we get that time to prepare for the changes ahead.

This time next year you'll be crawling. I'll be exhausted. We'll be poor. But your dad and I will be the happiest we've ever been - because of you.

I love you baby girl. Thank you for making me a mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment