Thursday, May 2, 2013

Offensive Comment #1

I had my first offensive comment tonight. Your dad and I were outside talking to our neighbor and I was petting his dog. The conversation went something like this...

Neighbor: Well it looks like that little one is going to come out any day now!
Me: Nope I have about 3 more months (12 weeks and 6 days actually) of this, believe it or not I'm going to get bigger!
Dad: Yup!
Me: Probably double this (circling my belly with my hand)
Neighbor: I hear loosing all that weight is one of the hardest things to do.
Me: Actually, I'm right on track where I should be. My weight gain has been really healthy.
Neighbor: Really?!
<In my head> Do I really look THAT fat that you're so shocked at my "healthy" weight gain?!?!?
Dad: Yeah, she's actually done a really good job.
Neighbor: Are you supposed to have a special diet?
Me: Yeah you're supposed to eat 300 extra calories a day
Neighbor: Oh really?!

I forget the rest of the conversation. I was so annoyed and offended at how astonished he was that I now have a belly.

Well, I'm growing a human and she doesn't have much room in there, so of course I'm going to show!! NEVER tell a 6 month - or even 10 month - pregnant woman that "it looks like any day now"!!!

In case you're wondering what I looked like - this is it. I do look large BUT I don't think I look "any day now" big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment